Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Using the Power of People

Being a Digital Marketing student and an animal lover, I was trying to use the power of social media to promote international collaboration to tackle problems faced by animals in various countries. Unfortunately, I have been a bit busy off-late with course work, and therefore the network has been having to grow and feed itself. However, I realised that people need some way of sharing information and understanding one another's problems. This is why I started the series 'Every Little Bit Helps'. This series highlights the problems faced by people who are trying to help animals.

Since I have lived in India, I am well aware of the problems faced in the cities there, but I am still unaware of the difficulties in other parts of the world. Some places might be similar, while others quite different. This is why I asked my network for help!

I need to first be able to understand the problems faced and then show it to the rest of the world. NOAH will also launch a campaign on the same lines. The idea of the network is to share problems and use the concept of 6 degrees of separation to promote animal welfare!

Using social media for a social cause is what this world needs to start doing! And not just to follow local organizations, but to collaborate and understand problems world over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment